any chance she is still pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeatherW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
on the 21st I sawa baby platy. turns out there were at least 4 that I can confirm. saw one get eaten. now it seems they are all gone. :nono: i mean I guess they could still be in there, but I am not finding them.

any chance the mom is still pregnant? she still looks big to me and I am new to this and just don't know. I will try and post a couple of pics on here, but she doesn't like to stay still for the camera :D

How long ago did she give birth to those babies that you saw? You probably already know this but when you do see the baby mollies because I am assuming she will have more in the future you must separate the babies from the mother and what ever else is in the tank. However, the second picture you took she looks still very pregnant I would keep monitoring her. They usually give birth in the early morning. Watch to see if her belly ends up squaring off which is one of the biggest warning signs that she is getting ready to give birth.

thanks CMN! that was what I was kinda thinking. I will keep watching her! (and looking for babies). I saw the first baby on the 21st. If more don't come soon I don't know what I will think.

Your welcome. Let me know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom