anybody know what type of fish this is

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sherriden262

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ive found 2 of these fish in my tank this morning and dont know where they have come from please help on telling me what breed they are

Attachments

• 20140722_101953-1.jpg
    20140722_101953-1.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 110
Ive put ut as my profile picture i think,not too sure how to use this site

The picture in the profile is too small to tell what it is.

Took me awhile to figure out how to get a picture linked. Scroll down from the text box for your post to an area called Additional Options. The second option is Attach Files. Click Manage Attachments. The new window that will open will allow you to upload your photo(s). You can then drag the link to your post.

It is still pretty hard to tell. I am guessing it is a fry. What kind of fish do you have in your tank? I would venture a guess you had a pregnant livebearer and she dropped. The fry have been hiding out somewhere and felt brave enough to venture out. A mollie or platy perhaps?

I have 5 neon tetras,5 male guppies and 1 platy dont know what sex that is tho. Theres only 2 fry that i have seen n ive not noticed the platy enlarged

Is it a possibility that one of your guppies is actually a very colorful female? It looks like a guppy fry to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Platy fry, body shape is wrong for a guppy. Livebearers can store sperm for quite some time, and if there were only 2 fry the pregnancy might not have been obvious.

My guppies are definately all males. I suppose ill have to wait a while now til they actually grow up if they get to that stage before gettin eaten,i hope they do. Thankyou all for your comments

Yeah I guess it does look like a platy. I guess I'm used to orange fry from the Mickey Mouse and Sunburst platies.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom