Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-09-2019, 04:36 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Anyone that has any info. On Stiphodon goby fry

Ok if anyone has any information or input on the best way to care for the fry please lmk. Aug. 13 I was feeding my Stiphodon goby tank there is the blue neon and the Stiphodon ornatus in the tank as I was feeding I noticed fry lots of them. I have pictures and video of them and they are still thriving and eating well but they have a slow growth rate as its been 3 weeks. There is no info. I could find other than they go through a marine phase before they go into freshwater, But my tank is freshwater and it is strictly gobies. I have had the rhinogobius rubromaculatus fry in there before and these do not look a thing like the fry. so the only option would be the stiphodon goby's anyone have any info. if they have ever had this happen & how to make sure they are getting all their needs met plmk.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gf1.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	313879   Click image for larger version

Name:	gf2.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	313880  

Old 09-15-2019, 12:34 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Vinegar Eels are a great early food for fish which are really tiny.

You can culture baby brine shrimp, which would be a food I think would be helpful too and easy to get and hatch.

Some people like the kit which allows you to make shift a set up, most people feel 2 are better then you can be culturing new bbs every day small amounts but most fish love them!

There are lots of videos on how to make your own DIY hatching set up as well.

That is a very exciting thing to have happen in your tank!

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -5G Spec V Snails & Betta
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fry, goby

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com