Apisto Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So cool! Congrats! I was just gonna ask you about them today :) guess what I found in my tank today...ich!

Thanks guys.

So being new to the whole south american cichlid world, I do have some questions. I'm setting up a 10g (yeah, the 20g I got for them kind of turned in to another planted tank) with a sponge filter. I plan on filling it the first time with water from the 40 so there's no acclimation issues. But, when should I move them over? Also, should I move the female over with them? I've yet to set up a brine shrimp hatchery, simply because I was pretty sure that the eggs had been eaten or something. What would be a suitable food for them until that happens? I have frozen brine shrimp as well as NLS Grow that I could crush up...

They are already swimming so they need to eat. BBS is the best starter but ground up dry food will work. No need to move mom, they can be moved any time you want at this point. Certainly before mom gets bored and goes back to spawning mode again.

I went ahead and moved them tonight. They're all huddled around the sponge filter right now. Mom sure didn't seem happy that I took her babies away from her.

Congrats man! You're going to love watching them grow.

Awesome! Does this make me a step-grandpa or something? lol

Truely, very cool. They aren't the easiest to raise by a long shot. Nice work! :)

Back
Top Bottom