Aquarium Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Advanced

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok soo today i cleaned my aquarium especially because i have ammonia monsters called fry who are a week old.

I think i over fed them. I wanted to try out Hikari first bites. I used one finger, dipped it into the bag then into the breeder. I guess i put too much. I didnt think a lot would stick onto my finger since my crushed flakes dont stick onto my fingers as good. Well my fry love it but... Now i got the ammonia problem. Which i learned my lesson but.. The real queation is..

And i think its caused because of the ammonia not me cleaning the tank but.. Why does tank get a slight fog to it after me taking out 70% of the water out?? I was doing just fine. Water was clear and parameters were fine. I also have 2 month old fry who never experienced ammonia before. What is causing this??

Last edited by a moderator:
No, lol i said slight. Like its still clear but the clear is notnas normal. Like to color black isnt bright black. Its slightly off a bit. But i did 50%water change on the same day i did my 70%. I am hoping the ammonia is gone now too. And now mynwater is clearer. Yay#!

Still have ammonia, checked today... Ehhk. I need to change water again. I dont cant change it tomorrow for 5 days because i work. I might just have to do a full water change. Its hard when i work and the kids..

I cleaned tank and my cish were stressed out and my tank is now an actual/visible fog. But i rid of the ammonia. I left the lights off. Left the aquarium alone so my fishies are not afraid. Thay are all acting the sa.e so it had to be the water change. I lost one fry due to it being squashed by the moss ball.

Water is clear. Ammonia free and fish are doing well. Yay! I put stress coat just in case and cant wait till my lil one is 2 months old. So i can put it with the rest of the fish. I still cant tell my 2month old fry sex. Both look like females. Fins are spread out but maybe it can change. Ive read it takes more months.

Back
Top Bottom