Are my endler guppys pregnant !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hahaha very right! I must have been way too tired last night xD

seems to be only one female guppy pic that you've put up, the first and third pics look like males to me...

The first pic the fish is at an angle that seeing the gravid spot is hard. The third is well... Blurry lol

whatever, "looks like to me"
I would have said it right away before answering anything else if i was in full belief, I should have added question marks... sorry

whatever, "looks like to me"
I would have said it right away before answering anything else if i was in full belief, I should have added question marks... sorry

No worries. I also like to be concise because I get confused easily! ;)

Some of the babies seem to have some sort of egg/bubble on ther stomach does any one know why this is ????

Some of the babies seem to have some sort of egg/bubble on ther stomach does any one know why this is ????

So you got fry! Congrats! If this is the mothers first then some of the fry may the egg sac. I had platys do the same. Premature births

Are you able to provide a pic? I'd want to see to be sure. But with my Platys I did nothing. The egg sac gets smaller and become their stomach if I understand it correctly. Ideally the thing with livebearers is they basically hatch the eggs inside and hold them until they become free swimming.

Here is a pic sorry its really bad

Attachments

• image-2837598137.jpg
    image-2837598137.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 64
Lol. I can't make anything out. Phone camera? It's hard to focus on those little guys as they keep moving around ;)

Yes phone camera lol and they are so fast !! How many baby's do endler guppys normal have each time !!

To answer the last question as well as some natural follow up questions, here is some basic info on guppies in general which should all apply to the endler variety as well.
The eggs hatch inside the mother and the fry are then born free swimming (as already stated). Gestation is around a month usually, but females are capable of reabsorbing developing eggs, storing sperm for over six months, and slowing egg development. A single mating can produce dozens of fry every month for six to eight months.
Males always want to Kate. If they can't eat it, they'll try to... well, to be pg here, I'll say seduce.
Births can consist of as few as two (personal experience) to as many as a couple hundred. That many at a time is extremely stressful to the female and may result in her death.
All livebearers will eat their young if hungry enough, but endlers seem less prone to do so, especially if well fed. It's generally not a concern.
They reach sexual maturity somewhere around 3-5 weeks. True wild strain endlers are in demand and some people (raises hand) will gladly pay for them if you end up with a lot. Hint hint. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom