Are my fish pregnant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol conrgats! For food I recommend Hikari First Bites. Also, if you have any plants (floating or not) I'd put them in the breeding net with the fry. This will provide Infusoria (Microscopic food) and shelter. They can be put back in the main tank when they are 3/4-1 inch long (1.5-2.5 cm), although sometimes they can be with other fish at 1/2 inch (1.2 cm). http://www.hikariusa.com/diets/newborn/firstbites/

Thanks! Unfortunately, my LFS hasn't got any plants for a while and the ones I see aren't the ones you kindly listed for me a while ago:) I'll try to find the food there, can they also eat bloodworms? I figured if pick up some frozen ones today and I was wondering if they'll be good for the fry too.

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

The fry food you recommended is not sold at any of my closest LFSs so I may have to go tomorrow to get them:/ Is there anything I can feed them that I already have? I heard of powdered egg yolk and crushed up pellets.

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Yeah those work, just dont overfeed with the egg yolk and for the love of god do NOT forget about the jar it's in..... it was the worst thing I'd ever smelled.

Thanks :D I try my hardest and I'm a quick learner. I started my first tank 5 months ago, and now I have 7 that covers all spectrums of fish, from freshwater to saltwater.

Wow that's amazing! :O :O :O

I went and got the Hikari First Bites like you told me to *proud look* XD
Autumnsky suggested that I use a toothpick to give it to them and I'll do just that since the granules are so tiny. I'll keep you updated!

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Oh my they're powder 8O I think I put a little too much in but they look like their eating! Should I do anything with the extra food? I think they're really hungry since I haven't fed them in hours when I left to go to the store. The gourami is pecking the bottom and sides of it, I think he likes the fry food tooXD

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Once in the morning, once at night, until they're big enough to eat crunched up normal flake food or bloodworms/brine shrimp.

I know I'm acting like a crazed mother(XD) but I just noticed that since I was removing water when I found the fry, the water level is kind of low. Since there's only that much space and water for them to swim in, I want to add more water but it's a bit cold and I've learned that mollies can be very sensitive to temp. changes. Should I add more water, or just leave it for a few days until they're a bit older? It's not too low for the adults but I'm worried about the fry, here's a pic: ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408931947.691697.jpg

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

You could try putting in water that's about the same temp but other than that, wait. Just use warmer water from the tap or put a heater in the water you want to add.

Back
Top Bottom