Are my gouramis breeding and what do I do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DpxNinja

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have too gouramis in my tank a gold one I believe and a blue one I think they are about to Breed the blue one is getting shy and is getting more color while the orange one or gold is getting aggressive they also "dance" with each other occasionally I do t have any floating plants for a bubble nest tho and I have blue hill and crawfish in the same tank what do I do put them in a bucket to breed or what Pls help me

Occasionally the orange gourami does attack the blue one too

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

Maybe both males and are fighting?

You might be able to look up some photos to see the difference but males have a longer dorsal that is more pointed and females are shorter and more rounded.

I can't really see them well enough to compare them.

Maybe both males and are fighting?

You might be able to look up some photos to see the difference but males have a longer dorsal that is more pointed and females are shorter and more rounded.

I can't really see them well enough to compare them.

They do fight a lot the blue gourami use to bully the orange one now the orange one always bulls the blue one I had to rearrange the tank so they can set up new terrortories or else the blue gourami would of died it was also getting bullied by bluegill the bulling has gone down a little but it is still getting bullied

If the tank is big enough ,get a male gourami[long dorsal fin] and find a new home for blue gill[sunfish?]
What size is tank and the blue gill is a sunny?
If so they are tough fish...Also not considered 'tropical'...They prefer different parameters although being hogs will probably eat whatever you offer ,like when fishing...

If the tank is big enough ,get a male gourami[long dorsal fin] and find a new home for blue gill[sunfish?]
What size is tank and the blue gill is a sunny?
If so they are tough fish...Also not considered 'tropical'...They prefer different parameters although being hogs will probably eat whatever you offer ,like when fishing...

I'm am trying to get bigger tank and yes the blue gill is part of sun fish family

Back
Top Bottom