Are my guppies pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sam Buxey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The females are the ones with yellow tails, I have a feeling 2 may be pregnant but I'm not a 100% sure.. If you need anymore info on them then just ask!

Attachments

• image-3041400715.jpg
    image-3041400715.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 61
  • image-2060500454.jpg
    image-2060500454.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 63
  • image-3056614663.jpg
    image-3056614663.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 57
  • image-3724108180.jpg
    image-3724108180.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 66
  • image-3613951366.jpg
    image-3613951366.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 57
Definitely. The one has a boxy look. Yellow with spots... keep an eye out. Within the week she should give birth. Th rest look pregnant also. But they are not quite as far along. The black spot indicates that they are pregnant and when they get closer it should be more of a pink and you could possibly spot little eyeballs or wigglers. :) good luck!

Definitely. The one has a boxy look. Yellow with spots... keep an eye out. Within the week she should give birth. Th rest look pregnant also. But they are not quite as far along. The black spot indicates that they are pregnant and when they get closer it should be more of a pink and you could possibly spot little eyeballs or wigglers. :) good luck!

Actually, the black spot, (gravid spot) is there all the time. That is where the fry grow, so it is there whether the fish is pregnant or not. It is sometimes hard to see when the fish isn't pregnant though, and does get darker as the fish gets closer to giving birth because it's pushing harder and harder against the skin. (scales are transparent, so you can see the gravid spot through them.) so yeah. It's not just something that only appears when the fish is pregnant :)

Actually, the black spot, (gravid spot) is there all the time. That is where the fry grow, so it is there whether the fish is pregnant or not. It is sometimes hard to see when the fish isn't pregnant though, and does get darker as the fish gets closer to giving birth because it's pushing harder and harder against the skin. (scales are transparent, so you can see the gravid spot through them.) so yeah. It's not just something that only appears when the fish is pregnant :)

Hmm i actually didnt know that. I thought it was only there if they are pregnant.. thanks for the info.

Hmm i actually didnt know that. I thought it was only there if they are pregnant.. thanks for the info.

No prob :) in some fish, you can barely or not at all see the gravid spot when they are not pregnant, so it's easy to make that mistake :)

Definitly pregnant.You got to watch the yellow tailed guppy.Within a few days,you might see fry.

Back
Top Bottom