Are my guppies pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, I meant that about the molly that guppygourami has. If you want to move the shrimp it'd be okay, but it could be okay in the tank too. Either way.

Sorry to intrude in your discussion Amy:)P). I believe the molly will give birth anytime now but I hope it's not until tonight because my mum is the pro and using the net to scoop the babies up. I'm rather clumsy with a net:p I'll keep you posted

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

oh HAHAHA, thanks.. but i do the bw salt and change water right? i mix it prior to adding to the tank.. obviously
GuppyGourami- thats ok,, you need the help and thats why were here. i am thankful i finally got some replies to my posts.. i am so new at this. and have allot more to learn than i realized, although i am very happy with my choice in starting a fish tank. im hooked.

Both of you guys :)

oh lol:p my prego molly is back to normally swimming:( check out my other most "please help pleco", I post updates there too:) my molly is being super weird, she's at the bottom then starts swimming and then she goes up and down the side again and I don't really know what going on with her. I'm going to be eating dinner in two hours so hopefully she'll have babies by then or at least after:D my hopes are up;)ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405467056.900965.jpg back to swimming for her..:/

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

just did a 90% cleaning of the tank and got an air bubble thing, which i had no clue was something i should have. now my fish are swimming like crazy and what i hope is playing with eachother. i have danos and neons who are chasing eachother around. all are so active right now . this is the best i have seen them act since i have gotten any of them. do you think its the air bubble thing? i also saved 2 pregnant feeder fish tonight, hopefully they survive here. not sure how far and never had any fry yet so i guess i just wait and see how it goes. any suggestions are welcome

first i am curious if anyone else has issues with their guppies acting dopey high then dying? i have had this happen a few times maybe 3.. they start by hiding, then they slowly start swimming closer to the bottom. then they lay on the gravel, appear to get startled and swim a little.. but end result always death.
I have my guppies for a month. At first, the died one by one at 2 or 3 days interval until there's 9 left (I bought 15). Then I asked a friend of mine about it. Then he recommend me to quarantine the fishes and put methylene blue in the water (both the quarantine tank and the original tank). I follow his advice and quarantined my fishes for a day. After that, my fishes become very healthy, up to this day.

PS: I think u should have your male:female ratio 1:2 or 1:3 cuz all male guppies are all hypersex (trying to breed all the time) and u should also put a few hiding places for pregnant guppies (so the male wont try mating with the pregnant female again).

just did a 90% cleaning of the tank and got an air bubble thing, which i had no clue was something i should have.
Well, from my experience, I think u shouldn't change your water too often cuz it will make the fishes stressed. And stress can cause death.

Just my opinion :D

Wait your saying have 2 or 3 females to 1 male guppy? I thought it was more males than females. HELP me get this straight.
As for cleaning tank I did so for a couple reasons 1- I had a dead fish that was there for a while it was all white and fuzzy behind the filter 2- I had to put a guppy to sleep as he was dying before my eyes. 3 -Went to lfs and was told I needed the air bubble stone. That it's the fish way to get oxygen and my water was perfect with the exception of it being very hard. I bought something to soften the water. 4- I am OCD (literally) about cleanliness.
I'm always open for suggestion and if you feel I clean it to much I would ask why and is it harmful. If so how

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cleaning your tank too often kills off the good bacteria in your tank. That bacteria stabilizes your water and keeps your fish healthy. Only do water changes every month or 3 weeks if it really needs it.

Oh wow ok. I've been doing every 10 days or so. Then again I can't seem to keep guppies alive. Can't figure out why. So I give up, as they die off I'll wait and replace with something compatible with me.

If it's less than 5 gal, it will need to be cleaned more than often but all you need to do is a water change and use conditioner.

Actually the bacteria that is most important is on the gravel, glass, decorations, and filter media. I do water changes every week for each of my 6 tanks and they're fine.

im very new at this and probably shouldnt give advise, but im going to.. you people who have been doing this please chime in anytime. I would say if she is pregnant and in labor, like humans we are advised NOT to eat. why (as ppl) - labor is very hard and stressful on the body, food will add to that stress causing a mother to feel ill (upset stomach and ewww puking). i have 2 pregnant feeder (rosy reds, i saved from the lfs) and i have been keeping close eye on them . hopeful they do better than my guppies, and live long enough to have their fry

Wait your saying have 2 or 3 females to 1 male guppy? I thought it was more males than females. HELP me get this straight.
Well, from what i know, if u have 1 male and 1 female guppy, the male guppy will keep harassing the female and try to make her pregnant all the time (even though maybe she's already pregnant). :multi:

As for cleaning tank I did so for a couple reasons 1- I had a dead fish that was there for a while it was all white and fuzzy behind the filter 2- I had to put a guppy to sleep as he was dying before my eyes. 3 -Went to lfs and was told I needed the air bubble stone. That it's the fish way to get oxygen and my water was perfect with the exception of it being very hard. I bought something to soften the water. 4- I am OCD (literally) about cleanliness.
I'm always open for suggestion and if you feel I clean it to much I would ask why and is it harmful. If so how
Cleaning the tank is not harmful. It's good actually (clean is always better). It only become harmful when u do it too often cuz it will make the fish stressed. :dope:
And also, just like Lexi said, good bacteria is important for the fishes. As far as I know, new water contain very few good bacteria (except u put something in or did a treatment for the water). :D
Air bubble is good for fish. Just like what u said "it's the fish way to get oxygen" (y)

I currently have 7 guppies (subject to change, as my other thread is about how they are dying) I have several probably 7 tetras ( neon, danio and others red eye maybe ) an angel fish , and couple small sucker fish and ghost shrimp. Probably to much. Oh I also took in 2 pregnant feeders rosy reds ( I don't like the idea of feeding live fish especially pregnant ones) anyway 1 is either dying or ready to give birth. Idk how to tell. I am probably over stocked and I'm done buying guppies. No point if they keep dying.

I currently have 7 guppies (subject to change, as my other thread is about how they are dying) I have several probably 7 tetras ( neon, danio and others red eye maybe ) an angel fish , and couple small sucker fish and ghost shrimp. Probably to much. Oh I also took in 2 pregnant feeders rosy reds ( I don't like the idea of feeding live fish especially pregnant ones) anyway 1 is either dying or ready to give birth. Idk how to tell. I am probably over stocked and I'm done buying guppies. No point if they keep dying.

My molly died last night. I couldn't save her. I tried really hard to but Istrom helped me through. She died pregnant I believe which is déjà vu for me. I put my first female guppy in the breeder box when she was second time pregnant but too late. She became stressed and looked sick, she had a red blotch on her body and now I think it was an ulcer. I thought she had a disease, at the time I never had a fish die on me before. I removed her and put her I'm the same little bowl that the molly died in and practically waited for her to die. I knew it would happen and I cried and cried and cried.

But now I have faith, thanks to Istrom, who also tried to help me through this whole thing. Hopefully, one day I'll create a beautiful tank with beautiful, healthy fish.

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Back
Top Bottom