Are my guppies pregnant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cocorabbit

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I recently purchased two female guppies to add to a community tank. I got them off of an online seller and when I received them, both of them look pregnant. I'm very unfamiliar with guppies and this is my first attempt at keeping them. These two are currently in a quarantine tank. So my question is, are my guppies pregnant? And if so when will they give birth?IMG_0002.jpgView attachment 1View attachment 1View attachment 1

Lol! Looks like it. The top one I'd say yes, unless she's over feed. The one one the bottom has the black spot on her belly, so I'd say yes to that one. They are pregnant for about a month give or take. Top one looks likes it's gonna be soon.

Ok thank you! The top one gave birth to 9 fry yesterday and I'm feeding them boiled egg yolk mixed with water. They won't eat crushed up fish flakes or bloodworms and the egg pieces are too small for me to tell if they are eating them. Do they look ok in these pictures? IMG_8906.jpgIMG_8903.jpgIMG_8890.jpg

They probably still have there yolks absorbing, so they may not appear to eat for a day or two, then crushed flakes are fine.

They probably still have there yolks absorbing, so they may not appear to eat for a day or two, then crushed flakes are fine.

Thanks for the reply! I tried feeding them crushed up fish food again today but they won't even swim up to it. I have noticed them eating the egg yolk though. Also another thing is that whenever I go close to their tank and put my hand above it to feed them, they swim away. Is this normal?

Yes. Baby fish do not get nurtured by their parents like most animals do so they have to figure out what’s not going to eat them and what is on their own. Once they associate you with feeding they’ll get the idea. ��

Back
Top Bottom