Are my RCS fixin' to get it on?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankinWithUs

Aquarium Advice Freak
My male is swimming all around the tank like a wild man. My female has been hiding for the past 5 - 6 days, and finally came out of hiding to chill on leaves as per usual. I was worried about water conditions, but my water looks great. A little google and it sounds like it's a mating ritual?

I'm new to this.

What do you guys think?

Sounds like it!! What happens is the female molts when she is ready to breed and that sends of hormones and the males go crazy trying to find her

Also- if she does become berried don't be too surprised if she drops some or all of her eggs. The first time they don't really know what to do all the time and the first time they often drop eggs.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

aw. bless her heart. this is gonna be crazy. Should I get some plants for the baby shrimp to hide in? I have dwarf sag, s. repens, cardinalis, anubias, a moss ball and limno floating. I took the Java fern out to Put in my QT.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

my tank is 5.5g. I have an AC20 with prefilter. The RCS tank mates are 3 juvenile Endler's Livebearers

okiedokie. will do. I'm not going to be able to keep them all. At what point can I gift them to friends, give away to you great folks?

okiedokie. will do. I'm not going to be able to keep them all. At what point can I gift them to friends, give away to you great folks?

I don't think you really need to do anything about it. Your shrimp population won't grow as much if you have fish in your tank.

We have a heavily planted 65g tank with about 20 tetras and only 4 baby shrimps survived.

There has been a new batch of baby shrimps, we are at about 80 tetras now and only 1 baby shrimp survived.

if you want babies keep the fish feed well and make sure the filter wont suck um up. post pics of the tank and shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom