Are Platys Picky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Digitalgerl

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, Need some advice. I have a male high fin variegated Platy. The female died last month. She was pregnant and I thought she was ready because of her behavior (near the bottom, looking for hideouts, etc) but I found her dead the next day. I searched for a month for another high fin of this type but couldn't find one. The fish store had high fins but of the silver micky mouse type. He said Platys don't care. I took her home, happy that my male would have a new companion finally but he completely ignores her. Are they picky? Do I need a female of the same type? I have attached pics of him and the new "her"

Attachments

• platy_655.jpg
    platy_655.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 314
  • platy_female_102.jpg
    platy_female_102.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 312
HI..thanks for the reply. Well he completely ignored her. I read somewhere on the forum about another breed of fish and someone wrote that the fish was not always too bright and if the color was different this might be a contributing factor...So I went out today and bought an orange platy. Not a high-fin like him. He hasn't left her alone for a moment...lol. Now what do I do with the other female....lol

Back
Top Bottom