Are these female Guppies preggers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snajera7

Aquarium Advice Regular
Need some help trying to determine if my 2 female guppies are expecting. I don't really know many of the signs except if you see like a black dot or something. Still not sure though. I really think one of them is because her belly is really round and the male doesn't seem interested in her anymore he keeps tailing after the other. Anyway I have some pics but there not the best. Hopefully some of you out there can easily tell if they are with out me needing to dig around for a better camera.

The male is the yellow one and the two females are the black ones.

Attachments

• image-4197538874.jpg
    image-4197538874.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 65
  • image-152290032.jpg
    image-152290032.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 74
  • image-1923967014.jpg
    image-1923967014.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 61
Nvm they were, I now have new fry guppies.

i garantee that they are already pregnant again.
i breed livebearers, and every time a female drops a brood, all of the male "go after" her, and she is impregnanted by the end of the night.
have fun, because rabbits dont have anything on livebearers :)

Fancy Guppies

Hello snajera...

If you bought your females from a local shop, then I'm 100 percent sure they're pregnant. The country's Guppy farms raise all their fish together, so they can reproduce in large numbers. The larger the numbers, the more money is made. For this reason, you don't need to buy males. The females with eventually provide enough males to keep you in the Fancy Guppy business.

I started with seven females about 8 years ago and now have six tanks with about 1,500 individuals. Hope you have room for more tanks!

Above everything else, have fun.

B

djtypykuhl said:
i garantee that they are already pregnant again.
i breed livebearers, and every time a female drops a brood, all of the male "go after" her, and she is impregnanted by the end of the night.
have fun, because rabbits dont have anything on livebearers :)

Lol wow well I'll try and get ready for em.

BBradbury said:
Hello snajera...

If you bought your females from a local shop, then I'm 100 percent sure they're pregnant. The country's Guppy farms raise all their fish together, so they can reproduce in large numbers. The larger the numbers, the more money is made. For this reason, you don't need to buy males. The females with eventually provide enough males to keep you in the Fancy Guppy business.

I started with seven females about 8 years ago and now have six tanks with about 1,500 individuals. Hope you have room for more tanks!

Above everything else, have fun.

B

1,500! Wow your lil guys are guppy breeding machines! Congrats on the success! :D

Back
Top Bottom