Are these GBR egss? (Pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julianhossini

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here are some pictures, it might be hard to tell but it looks like they cleared out the rock and the eggs are of a more brownish dark color compared to the sand, i was suspecting them of breeding because they Are acting very aggressive to my other fish but they arnt really closley gaurding them? Anyways i was hoping you could help me out with this? Thanks

Attachments

• image-3807733846.jpg
    image-3807733846.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 73
  • image-3966377396.jpg
    image-3966377396.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 94
  • image-3745120480.jpg
    image-3745120480.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 95
  • image-1756080218.jpg
    image-1756080218.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 93
they do look like ram eggs, keep in mind that it takes cichlids a while befor they become good parents, my kribs for example are working on there 3rd batch of fry but on the first the girl decided that the dad was no good...so she killed him, the reason i mention this is that if they arnt guarding that much then they may end up eating the egg or what ever due to in experiance. what elce is in the tank?

daveho said:
they do look like ram eggs, keep in mind that it takes cichlids a while befor they become good parents, my kribs for example are working on there 3rd batch of fry but on the first the girl decided that the dad was no good...so she killed him, the reason i mention this is that if they arnt guarding that much then they may end up eating the egg or what ever due to in experiance. what elce is in the tank?

I agree...to all of the above. :). They look like ram eggs...but they will likely eat them themselves if no tank mates get them first.

I have 2 discus in there an im going to build a divider today because they have been really agressive and ive seen them picking at the eggs a tiny bit here and there but i try to feed them alot so that they get less urge to ear the eggs maybe, thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom