Are they about to breed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscarluva

Aquarium Advice Regular
Have 2 oscars a tiger Oscar and an albino red that I got yesterday. They're both 9" and the Red is shaking its tail when the tiger gets near. Also the tiger is waving its tail at the red. Thy are also fighting not lip locking. Is this signs that they are about to spawn

it sounds like they don't get along...

possibilities:

they may be the same gender and may be getting territorial.

they may have some weird mating dance that i've never heard of and may actually be getting ready to breed.

sorry that i dont have much advice on this matter, but i've never actually tried breeding oscars... i used to have two (same colors as yours actually) that were 6" in a 55g and they seemed to get along fine... no breeding though.

male against male imo.

if they were a pair, they would make their spawning site clear together and they would sleep/swim together.
mine dont fight and they do make their site and they appear to be male and female.

i think the question you need to be asking is 'how do i stop the aggression', so u can properly assess the situation xxxx

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic said:
male against male imo.

if they were a pair, they would make their spawning site clear together and they would sleep/swim together.
mine dont fight and they do make their site and they appear to be male and female.

i think the question you need to be asking is 'how do i stop the aggression', so u can properly assess the situation xxxx

If its male and male they might be gay lol

haha niiice! iv had a fish like that. it was pseudocrenilabrus nicholsi, it attempted to spawn with a buffalo cichlid and two male zebras!! lol.

Back
Top Bottom