Are they fighting or mating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amazonabby

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a tiger barb and an albino barb and I can't figure out if they are fighting/playing/mating. They are kissing each other and swimming in circles together almost as if they were attached nose to tail nose to tail. I caught it on camera but I can't figure out how to upload it. The tiger has been chasing the albino since day one but the albino isn't missing a lot of fins. Some fin nipping but nothing extreme for being together for over a month. 1st time aquarium owner. 30 gallon fresh water with rocks plants and driftwood.

Attachments

• image-739862264.jpg
    image-739862264.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 196
They are fighting, breeding tiger barbs is a process and rarely happens without following certain steps. Tigers are nippy little creatures and reduce the aggression seven or more must be stocked, this will also reduce aggression towards other fish since they'll be preoccupied with their small school. I'm not sure what other fish you have, so be careful and don't just throw five more of you don't have the space.

They are fighting, breeding tiger barbs is a process and rarely happens without following certain steps. Tigers are nippy little creatures and reduce the aggression seven or more must be stocked, this will also reduce aggression towards other fish since they'll be preoccupied with their small school. I'm not sure what other fish you have, so be careful and don't just throw five more of you don't have the space.

+1

I have the exact situation, a Male Tiger (older) and Albino Tiger (younger)butting noses and going around in circles. Happens once or twice a week, same two. In my case, looks like the albino is trying to assert its dominance, but the largest TigerBard will have none of it. Round 5 was yesterday morning, maybe round 6 will be tomorrow:D

Back
Top Bottom