auratus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

burf420

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey i have auratus that just did the mating dance circle vibrating thing and now one of then had a bunch of eggs in her mouth. How long until the babies come and do i mover her out of the tank.there are other fish in there i wanna loser as little babies as possible. Thanks in advance

Also can anyone id the orange fish? That's the daddy. The females the auratus

ForumRunner_20130101_222034.jpg

Ok what should i do to save the most babies? Do i just let nature take its course and see how many make it? Should i move them? Will they be able to protect them?

I'm the wrong person to ask that question, I hate hybrids of any sort so personally so I'd say let her spit into the tank and let nature take its course. If your set on keeping some then remove the female let her spit into a QT tank then place her back into the main tank at night. She will not protect the fry for more than a few hours on average, unlike the new world cichlids who defend their fry to the death.

Alright man thanks you've helped allot. I personally just want to save some because in curious how they'll turn out..

Back
Top Bottom