Babies! What to do!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Austin.b

Aquarium Advice Addict
My HM just had 8-10 babies!! They're swimming around my 10 G I already took out all the fish. Including the momma.they all look really really good. All I have in there are ghost shrimp! Will the ghosts eat the babies?! Ahhh!! I just remembered my ghosts have taken down live blood worms!

What do I feed the babies?

Will ghosties be ok with them?

will no filtration for the night and some of tomm be ok?( going to get floss for the filter)

View attachment 70127

View attachment 70128

the babies should be fine without filtration for a while, just do some regular water changes.
the ghost shrimp should not bother the babies at all.
i feed my small fry very finely crushed flake food, and it workks just fine.
hope all goes well for you! :)

djtypykuhl said:
the babies should be fine without filtration for a while, just do some regular water changes.
the ghost shrimp should not bother the babies at all.
i feed my small fry very finely crushed flake food, and it workks just fine.
hope all goes well for you! :)

Awesome! I actually found floss yesterday so my babies never went with out filtration! :D ok, I was worried about the ghost shrimp attacking. The babies have not eaten any crushed flake food. Or at least not that I have seen. In my tank I have alot of algea growing on driftwood and some diatoms o the back glass. Do you think they're eating the algea and diatoms? They're Halloween Mollie fry. Thank you so much for helping!

TheFishBoss97 said:
hikari first bites are the best;) but super fine crushed flake works just as well:)

Oh I was actually going to buy those tomorrow! Haha te babies were born last night. And they are all still alive and swimming around. Does this mean they are snacking on natural things in my aquarium?

Sorry to derail the thread a little, but where did you find live bloodworms? And congrats on the babies!

baby mollies will eat algae and nibble on other live plants.
it sounds like you shouldnt feed them too much flake food because it will just go to waste.
have you seen them near the bottom of the tank picking at the gravel?
if not, them they probably arent interested in the flake food at all, but you should still give them small amounts to make sure that they learn their primary food source for the future :)

Back
Top Bottom