baby angles.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok i just got a call, if i want i can get 50 baby angelfish but they are a "big" pea size, i saw a pic of them and they looked like black von rio type tetras.. #1 how should i go about acclimating them>?
#2 what should i feed them? i have high quality flake, frozen bloodworms, and frozen brine shrimp.. what should i feed? im going to pick them up later tonight so i would appreciate those quick responses... thanks

At that size size I would think they will eat crushed flake food. I know baby angles love newly hatched brine shrimp.They will want to eat 4-5 times a day. So change the water a lot. Good Luck with them.

8O What are you gonna do with those little guys when they grow up? I bet you could make a pretty penny selling the extras to the LFS

Try to feed them newly hatched brine shrimp, aka nauplii(I think).

BTW- its spelled angels, not angles. :lol:

If they are baby "angles" they'll be "a-cute" :p

If you include bloodowrm and brine shrimp in their diet they will but on bulk in not time at all. Nice catch :)

haha.. i didnt catch that,... good shot Blazeherd2306 i didnt catch that till this mornin.. :lol: well i put some fine crushed food in and the didnt seem to even notice it, right now i have them in a 2 breeding nets, i picked up 50 for $15, i went halves with my friends mom, i tried adding 2 to my 29 to see how my older angels would react.. needless to say they had a good dinner unfortunately.. :( today after work im going to go pick up a heater for my 10 gal.. i think ill put the 23 in there for maybe a week or two while my 55 gal is done cycling.. good thing i put the filter for the 10 gal on my 29 so it has plenty of bacterium to avoid any huge cycle.. any suggestions? i know i might lose one or two but i want to avoid that, so any advice from anybody who ever kept angel fry is greatly appreciated..

jrp1588 said:
8O What are you gonna do with those little guys when they grow up? I bet you could make a pretty penny selling the extras to the LFS
not really all of my lfs are kind of shady, i have this huge angel i bought at an auction for $4 his body is about the size of a cup with huge beautiful fins and they would only give me like $5 or 2 angels the size of a quarter.. they had some big ones like mine going for 20 and up!! i think i'll ask my neighbor if she will trade me for 3-4 smaller angels..

yah you pretty far from here, you should look around online to see if maybe there are any clubs or organizations that might do them, this one was pretty big, i was told by the l;ady in charge of the one i went to, that they always have mini auctions at the end of their meetings..

Angels of that size have probably not eaten anything but newly hatched BBS. I would prefer to get them to at least 3 times that size before starting them on flake. The key to raisinghealthy angels is to do large water changes, frequently. I would be doing 50% daily. Clean water is as important as quality food IME, maybe more.

With angels that size you might want to stick with an airstone driven sponge filter, bare bottom tank, vacuumed out every night with a big WC.

Back
Top Bottom