baby bnp dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishkeeper90

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok so been breeding bnp for a while now started with browns but moved to lemons now ... we have never had a problem until now we had the babies in a 50 litre tank but upgraded to a 2ft tank for them however when they were in the 50 litre some started dying off so we thought the tank had got too small for the amount that was in there so that's why we upgraded the fry tank however since they been in the new tank they are still dying off in mass numbers we got an external filter on it ... the older ones (first 2 batches) aren't affected they are growing well however the ones since are dying off water parameters are fine nitrates 20 nitrites 0 ammonia 0 ... they got a bit of bogwood and plants in there fed once a day with a wafer or 2 ... can't work out why they dying off... please help

Sorry for late reply - maybe just leave tank alone? Sometimes I wonder if that works better than water changes, etc, etc every so often.

Only other thing I could think of would be to check your substrate is totally inert and tap water company hasn’t changed water supply.

Sorry for late reply - maybe just leave tank alone? Sometimes I wonder if that works better than water changes, etc, etc every so often.

Only other thing I could think of would be to check your substrate is totally inert and tap water company hasn’t changed water supply.

it's bare bottom and don't do that often water changes was only adding coldish water as been hot here recently but I've turned heaters off and monitoring the temp so it don't get too cold but they were dying before that and still but not as many atm so either all the ones that were going to die have died or it was too hot for them

Back
Top Bottom