Baby bristle nose pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's another pic of them munching on sweet potatoe in my guppy breeding box. I'm going to keep them in here till they get a bit bigger as they are pretty much the size of my baby guppies. It's actually kinda funny my adult guppies are higher than my parent plecos

Beautiful!!

I too am the proud carer/owner of baby bristlenose, but was wondering why they were dwindling in numbers...it seems juvenile bronze and peppered corydoras love to eat them!!! I wouldn't have believed they could've fit in their mouths if I didn't see it for myself...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My Cory will eat molly and swordtail fry. Even those that are too large to fit whole in their mouth. They just chew them in their mouths like lollipops. The cory dont chase the fry but they seem to catch the fry while they are asleep on the substrate floor.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm totally shocked by this as I've had numerous guppy/Cory fry in my 20 gal which is occupied by peppered/albino sterbai Cory. I've never seen them going after fry at all. The guppies eat them like crazy, but I never figured the Cory would too. I'll have to keep a closer eye on them!

Fish are fun!! ???

My Cory will eat molly and swordtail fry. Even those that are too large to fit whole in their mouth. They just chew them in their mouths like lollipops. The cory dont chase the fry but they seem to catch the fry while they are asleep on the substrate floor.

YIKES! Good to know.

Cory are similar to crayfish. They are more scavenger than predator, but are definite opportunists.

Back
Top Bottom