Baby endlers are here...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bpophoto79

Aquarium Advice Regular
Sooner than expected. I've been looking into what to feed them and crushed flake seems to be popular but I'm thinking that some live foods would be good as well. Suggestions?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I count 7 so far. I hope to get a better count when the ights come back up tomorrow.

Attachments

• 1451369072721.jpg
    1451369072721.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 99
I feed mine omega 1 flakes crushed up, frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp (after about a feed they actually start to nibble on these) as well as frozen BBS (Paid about $4-6 at LFS for one of the cube packages) Microworms are pretty popular as well.

Congrats! Are these your first Endlers? I have a dedicated 10g breeding tank and pull approximately 5-6 babies every week.

I feed my fry tank a big variety: crushed flake, frozen BBS, NLS Grow, freeze-dried bloodworms, krill, daphnia. When my other tanks get frozen bloodworms the Endlers tank gets the remaining water. It's full of tiny bits that the fry love!

Yes. These are the first endlers I've ever owned. I seem to have a decent colony of daphnia in my shrimp only tank. I will try to suck some up and rehome them in the endler tank.

So far crushed flake and crushed bloodworms seem to be doing the trick. The little guys eat like mad. I'm looking forward to getting a fry tank set up so there is less competition from the adults for food. They have roughly doubled in size and seem to be happy and healthy.

They do grow quickly!

I like having a fry tank because I feed them 2-3 times a day as opposed to once a day in the breeding tank.

My plan is to keep the females in a 10 gallon to breed. The males in my 20l display and the fry in a separate 10 gallon to grow out until I can sex them and put into the appropriate tank. Then I'll pick the best of the males to breed some more.

Good plan, male Endlers can be relentless so this way your females get a break!

I've seen them labeled with different names. Black bar, flame, I'm still looking for someone who can tell me for sure. What do you think? I know you have a nice collection.

Attachments

• 1455559391869.jpg
    1455559391869.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 78
One of my first males to color up after being born. I think I'll make more like him!

Attachments

• 1456814607445.jpg
    1456814607445.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom