baby fry!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpyroXx201

Aquarium Advice Newbie
guyssss plzzzzzz help me pls !!!! my mollie just gave birth to around 15 fry and i just finished moving them into my other empty tank and fed them i need help on what i should do next and what to feed them plsss help!!

I could use some advice on the same topic. I switched to mollies in one of my 29 gallon tanks, and my assistant spotted a baby a week ago. Apparently the tankmates enjoyed a feast on the others, but this one survived. To my horror I enter the classroom one morning to find that one of my glolight tetra's was attempting to dine on the baby for breakfast, I actually saw the baby's head barely jutting out from the tetra's mouth, but it was too big for the tiny tetra to swallow. I had no idea about what to do, then I noticed the baby being expelled from the tetra's mouth. I couldn't find it for a while but I noticed the guilty tetra snooping around the plant cover where the baby liked to stay. I figured it was headed for the same fate as it's siblings so I put the baby mollie in a fry enclosure. I hope that it isn't injured. It seemed fine and was eating Friday before I left. I have absolutly no experience with these fish, so any advice would be appreciated by me also.

just let them be;)

they will be fine. keep the temp. at normal temp.(78-84) and takn conditions normal. try to put as many plants/floating/live in the tank as possible^

i wouldn't be worried with keeping fry alive as most people end up wanting to get rid of them as they overpopulate a tank within weeks...........

just let them be and that way the hardiest/strongest ones will survive as it happens in the wild:)

^^do the same;)

As far as feeding goes you can buy baby fish food or if you prefer just simply grind up your normal flakes to a fine powder and they will be fine.Mollies breed like wildfire by the way.

I keep my fry in the same tank they're born in, which is a community tank. Those strong and smart enough survive very nicely. They eat the micronutrients in the java moss that they hide in and I also feed them decapsulated brine shrimp and golden pearls fry food.

Just an update on baby "Jonah"... he/she is doing fine and managing to avoid becoming lunch at the moment. He is still very small, but I think I see spots, so I'm thinking he is a dalmation molly. I have 2 black, 2 white, and 2 dalmations, and I had no idea which one gave birth. With the help of a friend I found out that I have too many males and not enough females apparently. 3 males and 3 females. What should the ratio be? I was told 3 females to 1 male.

guyssss plzzzzzz help me pls !!!! my mollie just gave birth to around 15 fry and i just finished moving them into my other empty tank and fed them i need help on what i should do next and what to feed them plsss help!!

How are your babies? Sorry for hijacking your thread:oops:

Go to your local pet store and buy this stuff called, tropical fish first bites, looks like this.

Attachments

• image-2420231898.jpg
    image-2420231898.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 75
I have a 10 gallon aquarium, basically stocked to full capacity. One of my platies had about 10 fish a couple of weeks ago. I was actually hoping my other platies or the dwarf gourami would eat them all, but 7 of them are still going strong. I am shocked at how quick and stealthy they are at such a young age. I also left my filter on and they have no problem getting sucked up or anything.

When I feed the tank, the little guys go after the small bits that fall to the ground. This is also the time where they are most at risk, because they will leave their hiding spots to go after the food and then the other fish are in a total frenzy.

Okay since no one really told you this one, that ratio up there ?3 to1? Where there are 3 females to one male? Yes that is right. It is like that so that a male has plenty options of who to mate with and won't fight with other males for the same molly.

Just an update on baby "Jonah"... he/she is doing fine and managing to avoid becoming lunch at the moment. He is still very small, but I think I see spots, so I'm thinking he is a dalmation molly. I have 2 black, 2 white, and 2 dalmations, and I had no idea which one gave birth. With the help of a friend I found out that I have too many males and not enough females apparently. 3 males and 3 females. What should the ratio be? I was told 3 females to 1 male.

This is what I answered to.:lol::D

Back
Top Bottom