Baby fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg5530

Aquarium Advice Regular
New to this I have had my tank with fish for about 3-4 weeks now, I did a fish less cycle and came home today to about 19 baby plays I assume. Not sure how to tell which one is the mother. I got a breeder tank that is hanging in the tank now with. The fry, fed brine shrimp anything else I need to do or know any help is appreciated.

I wouldn't leave the fry in net for longer then a week before putting them in their own tank. The oxygen is very low in the nets and the water doesn't flow freely.

I did this and they died on me. :(. Would never leave them in the net longer then a week again.

I am new to the fry thing to they had fry 2 days after I got my fish so it would be nice to have some info on it. How old does the baby have to be until it can go to the same tank as there parents they are in a breeder right now

They have to be big enough that they won't fit in your biggest fishes mouth this can take 2 ish months. They have to be fast enough to get away from the others that may chase them.

Back
Top Bottom