baby gold bard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Owl307

Aquarium Advice Freak
I found a baby gold barb in my mom's tank and i was wondering what to feed him. I seperated him into anither tank already. It is cycled. I havent seen him since though but im sure there will be more. The barbs (a group of 7) spawn every morning. There a 3 males and 4 females. any help on raising them?

-keep the temp the same as the adults tank, or 2-4 degrees warmer.
-feed finely crushed flakes or specific new hatched fry food, or newly hatched brine shrimp.
-put a few plants in there to relieve stress but leave the bottom bare so it can eat the food that falls to the floor.

why dont you put a wide holed net draped under the barbs but not touching the bottom of ur moms tank, so the barbs still spawn but the eggs are saved... lots of danio breeders do it and its quite effective apparantly. loooaaaads of free bebbiees :)

now, if it were me i would use the net and a bare bottom tank but its my mothers. I just take care of any fry found :) she only has one tank i have 7 :)

Back
Top Bottom