Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-29-2004, 11:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Baby guppy fry!!??!!??

I have had 9 baby fry for about a week now. When they get old enough to show color between male and female what should I do with them. Will the lfs take them and give me store credit or what? Just wondering since I won't have enough room for all of them. Might keep 1 female and 1 or 2 males.

20 gal FW
3 jumbo neon tetras
3 bloodfin tetras
3 otos....1 with only 1 EYE
1 long finned red serpae tetra
1 chinese algae eater
1 male blond tux guppy
1 male red neon guppy
...and 10 guppy fry!!!!!
Mofo2713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 08:06 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have heard that some stores might give store credit. I suspect it will be the mom and pop stores. I asked at Petco a year or two ago and they said they would not give me money nor store credit but would accept the fish if they were in good condition. When I was purposely breeding fish I managed to find plenty of neighbors who would take them for free.

If you don't want more babies you will need to separate the males and the females as soon as you can tell them apart to make sure they don't mate. I would check at some local mom and pop stores now. Some of them may take the fish as soon as they are a quarter inch or half inch long. I have seen some fish that size for sale at some of the stores I shop at.

Old 09-30-2004, 08:10 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Maybe if your lfs are nice, they'll take them, but you won't get much for them since they are extremely easy to breed.
If you would own any piranas or something they could be perfect food!.....

But i'm guessing that you could also make some people happy by giving them away to them.

So, call your lfs and ask, easiest way to find out.

Tags
baby, fry, guppy, guppy fry

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com