Baby Jill layed eggs again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UniqueMommi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Will post new pics again soon.
Well, Baby Jill just layed a new batch of eggs (2x now). We are not sure if she has let Jack fertilize them but we are hoping. She is so much smaller than Jack. It is fun to watch her charge at him. He runs off to the other side of the tank and does a side swipe on the gravel disturbing the bottom.
Can anybody tell me if it is ok to clean the left side of the tank while the eggs are on the right side? Should I just wait until we find out if we have babies first? Algae is growing on back wall and I think the charcoal filter in the 204 fluval may need a change and the sponges need to be rinsed.
So...... if anybody can help out that would be great.
Check out my green terror photos. Again, new one will be coming even with the eggs this time.
UniqueMommi

congrats on the spawning.. Aas far as all the research I have done has told me you will be fine to clean the other side of the tank and rinse your filter out.

Things to avoid
over cleaning and having a mini cycle
sucking up eggs
forgetting to dechlorinate water

And in my opinion it would be worse to leave it and get out of your water changing routine....
Just my .02 though

The fish spawned because water quality was "right for them". Leave everything intact, don't change a thing. They'll tell you when its time for a change.

Jill's Eggs

HI, Well, Jill's eggs never hatched. She won't let Jack near to fertilize. She's still quite small for Jack. Sometime they'll hatch.

Back
Top Bottom