Baby Kribensis!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hahaha, I love the names! How old are the fry? I've been looking for quality kribs for a while and most are grayed out, its a rare sight around here to find kribs as nice as yours!

The babies are right at 4 weeks old now, lol they are very cute, but I definitely agree that kribs in good condition are hard to find, my lfs doesn't actually carry them but I'm friends with the manager so he ordered six for me to look at, I took the only female and the dominant male home and viola, a month later babies arrive lol, I feed once a day, I mix small cichlid pellets, mediums size NLS pellets, and 6 pieces of the sinking shrimp pellets, that way they get variety and stay in good condition, there's also 9 tiger barbs with them so they are constantly chasing my barbs around lol

is it safe for me to clean the tank at this point? I have some serious algae growth, which the babies and parents are eating but it is terribly unsightly

Not sure if anyone responded to this, but when I had my kribs, I never missed a water change, even with week old free swimmers. The mother huddles the fry into a puppy pile and they don't move while the python is in the tank. You don't ever have to adjust your cleaning schedule with krib fry in the tank.

Lol thanks, I ended up doing the cleaning already and everybody was fine lol, if I hadnt cleaned I wouldnt have even been able to take those pictures

The clean water is good for the fry, too..... ;)

I laughed my butt off the first time I saw the puppy pile. Just shows that nature takes care of itself, if we only let it. (y)

Back
Top Bottom