Baby Kribs...what do I do now? please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yankeeslover

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have a 75g tank... i have roughly 18 tigerbarbs, 5 corys, 1 rainbow shark and a male and female Krib... well they just had babies...from the looks of it there are roughly 40 babies or so swimming with mom... I have no idea what to do at this point. this tank is the only active tank that I have. I do have a 29 gallon tank sitting in my basement empty... what do most people do with the babies? closest fish store that may take them is around 35 miles away. Do most fish stores take baby Kribs?
Also, if i were to say setup my 29 gallon tank, would I put the parents in there for good? and let them live there peacful lives in that 29g tank and make babies once per month? im not sure what to do here. or are the odds on favorite that all the babies will be eaten before they make it one week old? im sorry about all these questions..i am very new to krib babies.. I didnt relize i had a male krib till now..LOL...Its probably kind of late for me to setup this other tank tonight and transfer them over as it wont have a chance to cycle(even if i put the filter material in that other tank)...thanks again...FYI...If i can avoid another tank i rather do that.. dont really have a spot for a 30 gallon as im not sure my upstairs floors can support a 30 gallon tank..

The parents will gaurd the fry but with the fish in the tank that may be a failed effort. Nontheless, hatch some brine shrimp and feed live brine. You can remove the fry to another tank as long as they will not end up a snack for some other fish

If you want to breed them, I'd suggest buying a 20long for the parents and using your 29 for a grow out tank

Fishobsessed7

Back
Top Bottom