Baby mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeckyN

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408669094.147193.jpg
How long do I leave then until I can put them in with the main tank??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The breeder net should only hold the fry for 2-3 days. After that you should put them in a cycled isolation tank until they are big enough to not fit into the mouths of other fish. Another option is to put lots of plants that can hide the fry in the main tank and hope for the best. But that is taking a risk.

I am new to this and have no idea what I'm doing so any help is appreciated

They came out if a Dalmatian Mollie this was just after they were born

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408669985.160020.jpg
How cute! This is how they should look after about a month. Those 2 white ones are from one of my Dalmatian Molly's.

Awwww wow I can't wait ??

The breeder net should only hold the fry for 2-3 days. After that you should put them in a cycled isolation tank until they are big enough to not fit into the mouths of other fish. Another option is to put lots of plants that can hide the fry in the main tank and hope for the best. But that is taking a risk.

cant you not leave the fry in the breeder net for a while until they get a bit bigger?

Yeah that's why I'm saying so can't I not leave the fry in the breeding net longer than 2 or 3 days?

Ahhh ok thanks I'm still waiting on my mollies to drop their fry it feels like forever :(

Back
Top Bottom