Baby mollies need advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MOOGLY

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have only an 18 Gallon running at the moment and my 2 adult mollies just had around 100+ babies and they seem to be surviving. There have been wee ones before but only 5 maximum that I have ever noticed and they are all surviving as well. Obviously I can not keep these fish as the tank just can't handle it and they will just die so my question is what are my options here? How soon can I trade them off or sell them if I can? They were born on Monday I think it was and as I have said I don't see any that have not made it yet which is scary.

Well they won't "just die" unless you cause that to happen. They will survive in your tank for awhile if you take them into consideration during feeding, and also make sure your water quality is maintained. In the meantime you only have a couple of options. One of course is to call your local stores and see if they will take the little fry. Considering the problems associated with imported mollies any store worth their weight would love to take in some home bred ones, even IF they have to raise them.

The other option is to arrange some sort of second aquarium to grow them out in.

The other option is to go on aquabid and advertise them and if you do not want to ship then advertise for pick up only.

And then I would take the females back to the store and get males or some other fish that will not have fry if it is a burden.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom