baby molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudeofrude

Aquarium Advice Addict
So apparently my Molly gave birth at some point without me noticing, needless to say all but 1 lucky fry were killed. Now I have this one what do I do? He's doing well at surviving and has literally thousands of caves, nooks and crannys in which to hide but what about food? Will he get any of the small flakes atall?

I recently had a molly birth some fry without me knowing it was pregnant. I've found that if the fry can survive the first couple of days without being eaten by your other tank mates, then it may have a good chance of surviving. I have 2 black molly fry that are about a month old and they can definitely hold their own in the tank. Currently, I have 4 baby fry about a week old that are looking good. When I feed my fish I will crush up some of the flakes with my fingers to create smaller pieces that the babies can eat. They seem to do well with just that.

Yeah that's what I did with some food and I just hope it makes it down to the fry. It's a speedy little thing so hopefully it'll be ok.

Just discovered another fry! So that's 2 little survivors and both seem to be doing well in there :)

Manage to snap a pic of them both

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110226_192037.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110226_192037.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 122
my mollie had 5 babies 2 days ago, its amazing they have already grown, and today I counted 8 at least!! Mommy is solid orange, there is one solid orange baby with white eyes, and all the other babies have black eyes, and are a black and orange mix. They are amazing at hiding, I have watched them wiggle down into the rocks, or under a plant.... Its amzing how at only almost 3 days old they are getting more brave and venturing about more of the tank. Mine must be finding bits or food here and there, occasionally I see little bits of tiny poop coming from them, and there growing.

GL!!

I EASILY count 8 of them in my tank so im sure I have more as well their just really good at hiding, im just wonering through Im noticing quite a size difference in them now, so either some arent finding food, they were released later and I didnt know it, or their just smaller!!

GL to you I bet theres more in their hiding on you, hiding for their lives ;)

Well I've got a tank full of rocks with caves aswell as plants so they literally could everywhere and I wouldn't see lol

now your going to be obsessed with finding the 3 you now for sure you have each and every time you walk past that tank, thats what I do. :)

Back
Top Bottom