Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-27-2012, 12:33 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Bala Shark Mating?

Hi all, recently my two younger Bala sharks started to swim completely together interlocking side fins and "hugging" one another. It looked very cool as if they were one fish and they swam to and fro across the tank for a good ten minutes or so. I was wondering if this means that they were mating, simply pairing off and showing affection (as I have one much larger Bala shark in the tank as well) or if this is just how the Bala sharks usually swim when they school and Tuna (my larger guy) is just two big to be so close to them. Didn't really think this though because usually the 3 swim together just spaced out an inch or two apart. Any advice welcome, thanks!

Old 01-27-2012, 12:33 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Tags
bala, mating, shark

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com