Balloon and standard German ram spawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He has never peed outside of the box, but the charcoal idea might work.

Does algae produce ammonia? We have an algae problem while we get the co2/lighting and minerals all balanced. Our new lights just got here and we got a new diffuser for the co2.

The charcoal idea was for ammonia fumes absorbtion from the air. I don;t think that would work in your case. To my knowledge, algae doesn't produce an ammonia problem unless it is dying off. You may need to go with an ammonia absorbing product like ammonia sorb or Zeolite or a polyfilter type pad. These would probably work better once the sand is cleaned a bit.

On the cat pee issue, how would you know if the cat did pee in the tank? lol Has he/she ever climbed on the top of the tank? If your tank is open and the answer was "Yes", then it IS possible it peed/ pees in the tank. I'm just saying... ;) Got a video camera? Is the cat ever alone in the house with the tank? You thinking what I'm thinking???? :brows::lol: (y)

He does jump on the top and there are openings and he HAS caught my big momma danio, however I was there and rescued her. Because of his interest in the fish he has to be locked in his "cat room" when we aren't home because I worry about him falling into the tank and pulling the lights in with him, he has been known to swim in the toilet and dog water bowls. He is an African wild cat hybrid so I think his affinity for water has been carried over. I doubt the cat is actually urinating in to the tank however I suppose he could be. Here is a pic of my sand and we attempted to clean it Monday! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403653667.164339.jpg

Back
Top Bottom