Balloon Mollies -sexes and full of babies or fat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsBigE

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 3 Balloon Mollies and need help determining sex if each and figuring out if they're full of babies or hefty eaters?

I have noticed some changes in behavior in the Orange Molly and also in the Dalmation. They are both more aggressive than when they first came here < 1 mo ago and they spend must of their time hovering over the heater, as if they're warming their bellies.
If you can take a look and see if you can distinguish sex if each & whether they have babies on board I'd appreciate it. If you look at them and feel they're indeed carrying babies, is it possible to try and narrow down about how much longer they'll carry them til birth?
I really appreciate any help you might offer! Thank you!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424715800.541584.jpg

Peg Y.
MrsBigE in Pickerington Ohio
Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424715628.208116.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424715628.208116.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 49
  • ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424715648.292550.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424715648.292550.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 60
All 3 are females. The dalmatian is very pregnant but I'm not sure about the other 2.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Is there some sort of sign or behavior exhibited right before they give birth? I've never had an animal that's given birth so I have NO idea what to expect. The orange and the Dalmation have been hovering right above the heater and now the school of neon tetras are hanging with then like they something is going on.
I did buy a male and immediately he and the white molly have been hanging together all the time. I guess maybe she was the only one not pregnant.

the male will breed with them pregnant or not, what is your temperature, yes it it normal for the pregnant mollies to hang around the heater because it gives them some comfort

They're all females and they can give birth 99 out of 100 times fine. Just tell us if you would like to try to save them.

Back
Top Bottom