Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-15-2018, 10:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Balloon Ram Question?

Hello everyone, I have a question about balloon rams. I'm wondering if you were to breed balloon rams would all the young be balloons or would there be normal? thanks.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:33 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have not bred balloon rams before but would guess that they breed true and have balloon fry. There are just too many of these fish for any other explanation IMO.
They are just deformed line bred rams of various colors. I have one that was from my own breeding and hatching.
1 out of over thousands of rams .... He is breeding with a standard GBR but I have not recognized any balloon fry yet. He is in my eyes F1 from very strong stock so not like the common balloon ram and possibly still has strong enough healthy ram genes to not produce similar fry ? I am trying to get fry like him ..He is a tank.
^^These are my weekly sales^^ GOT RAMS ???
coralbandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
balloon, question, ram

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com