Barb's Angelfish Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I honestly don't know how long it had been I just pulled them. I should have waited to see if the male was still fertilizing them. I got to excited and jump the gun.?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

On top of Angel babies i found some Cory cat eggs on the glass tonight.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1471999583.927378.jpg

There were eggs on all sides of the aquarium. Don't think they will survive though.

I honestly don't know how long it had been I just pulled them. I should have waited to see if the male was still fertilizing them. I got to excited and jump the gun.?

The fish themselves will tell you when it's safe to pull the eggs. If they are done, they will be taking turns fanning the eggs. No fanning usually means they are not done yet. If they are fanning, you can pull them. (y)

Heavens. You have your own fish baby factory going there. :lol:

Yes it does seem that way doesn't it. It's all I can do to keep up with the Angels having babies. I would love to breed the Cory cats but I would have to set up a ten gallon tank for them. I might just do that this weekend.

Yes they do. It's why most aquariums are not right for these fish compared to the common Scalare Angels. The tank needs to be tall, very tall, to make these fish happy. But when you see a school of these fish in the proper tank setup, it's no wonder why they are the KING of all Angelfish. ;) :D

I moved my first batch (4 weeks old) yesterday into a 20 gallon long tank. I have about 15 in there. I'm getting ready to move the second spawn out of the jar (about 5 dozen and 1 week old) and was wondering can I put them in the 20 gallon with the others? I have Cory cats in there as well as some small golden algae eaters. The tank is bare bottom and two sponge filters running.

I wouldn't chance it. Three weeks is quite a separation and the bigger ones will probably damage the little ones.

I will be moving the fry from the second spawn into a 5.5 gallon tank today. I'm setting up a 10 gallon to put them in in a few weeks. Then after that they will go into the 20 gallon long.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1472392008.349415.jpg

Babies were moved into the 5.5 gallon tank. How often should I be doing water changes on this size tank?

Back
Top Bottom