Barb's Angelfish Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bdonaldson

Aquarium Advice Addict
I thought I would start a journal for my breeding pairs. At the moment I have two pairs breeding in a community tank. I have been pulling the eggs out to raise them myself since there is no way they would survive in the community tank. I will upload some photos soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1471179648.462957.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1471179648.462957.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 144
The first pair you see in the above photo laid eggs about a week and a half ago. The female is either Silver or Altum. I'm not a 100% sure. The male is a Marble. They laid their eggs on a leaf and I removed the leaf and put it in a 1 1/2 gal tank. Two days later the eggs hatched and I moved the wiggles into a rearing jar and placed the jar in the community aquarium.

The second pair just laid eggs yesterday. The make is a smokey and the email is a blue ghost pearlscale.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1471180982.825978.jpg

I have removed the eggs and placed them in the same 1 1/2 gallon tank until they hatch and become wigglers.

When I get home from church today I will move the fry out of the jar and into a 5 gallon tank.

When the second batch of eggs hatch I will move them into the jar.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1471181283.079640.jpg

Most of the time they see you remove the eggs. Sometimes they will look around for them. They don't normally fight each other unless there is a problem.

I transferred the fry to the 5 gallon last night. Put the jar back together and placed it back in the parents tank. Maybe today when I get home I will have wigglers to put in there.

Yes the ones in the first picture are silvers. If they were Altums you would know it for sure as your wallet would be empty and Altums very rarely breed with Scalare.

Yea I figured that out after I took a closer look at them. I would love to have a Altum. They are definitely a eye catcher.

I was seeing some tails sticking out of the eggs and some starting to wiggle. I should have a bunch of wigglers when I get home today. Yay! ?

Yea I figured that out after I took a closer look at them. I would love to have a Altum. They are definitely a eye catcher.

If you had a single Altum, you probably wouldn't have it for long. They do not do well as single fish in my experience. They are more of a schooling fish than even wild Scalare are. So with Altums, the more the merrier and as Ghyti said, the emptier your pocketbook. ;) (y)

Back
Top Bottom