Best background for breeder tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fisshboy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all just got my breeder tank cycled was wondering what would be the best background for it for breeding rams, discus etc would it be better left no background, a plain blue or black or something like a ocean scene or woodland stuff you can get?

Thanks in advance

Hi all just got my breeder tank cycled was wondering what would be the best background for it for breeding rams, discus etc would it be better left no background, a plain blue or black or something like a ocean scene or woodland stuff you can get?

Thanks in advance
Hi, it really is a personal preference but i'm a big fan of painting the background on. I have matt black. It would make the fry stand out and easily seen. It also gives a lovely depth to the tank. It's so easy, cheap and removable if needed. I have also seen dark blue ones on here which i am a big fan of.... Ian

I agree. I painted the the back of my breeder black which was also for breeding rams. They have now been move to a 75g also painted w/black background Really makes fish fry and plants stand out. you really cant go wrong.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom