Best breeding thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

celticfan

Aquarium Advice Activist
What is the best one to get the plastic box thing or the net?

Is this ok?
2 in 1 Fish Hatchery by Marina | Pets at Home

My platy is pregnant, first time and I want to try and keep the fry will they be ok to live inside the breeding thing for a while as I dont have another tank? and how long will they take to grow to a decent size as I have buenos aires tetra and I think they will see them as a nice snack if theyre small.

I breed guppies and have tried both the net and plastic breeders re net was worthless IMO the guppies did lay fry but were eaten right away not to mention there was no water flow and the water became stagnant the plastic breeder has a separator ob the bottom that allows the baby fry to drop safley out of the reach of the hungry mother and the cater water flow was amazing not allowing the water to become stagnant! Once all the baby fry are swimming around bellow the separator remove mom and seperator to give the baby fry more room to swim! I leave the fry in the breeder tank for about 3 weeks to a month depending on there size! Good luck and hope this was helpful

I breed guppies and have tried both the net and plastic breeders re net was worthless IMO the guppies did lay fry but were eaten right away not to mention there was no water flow and the water became stagnant the plastic breeder has a separator ob the bottom that allows the baby fry to drop safley out of the reach of the hungry mother and the cater water flow was amazing not allowing the water to become stagnant! Once all the baby fry are swimming around bellow the separator remove mom and seperator to give the baby fry more room to swim! I leave the fry in the breeder tank for about 3 weeks to a month depending on there size! Good luck and hope this was helpful

Yeah very helpful, thanks. I'll get the plastic one :)

I highly suggest the pennplax breeder. It separates the mother from fry completey using an air pump. You will have more fry survivors.

I have used the net breeder and it worked well. Don't overfeed or algae will grow and bad things will happen

Back
Top Bottom