Best way of feeding fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Ben

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got about 100+ convict wigglers at the moment. What would be the best way of feeding them, and what brands of foods or ways of getting the food are good? I have no idea how to get brine shrimp for example.

Any advice on if i should move them now or wait a while would be apreciated, I have a 10 gal waiting for them. Thanks again

Oh and another question, the female was a pink convict and the male was a normal black and white, does anyone know if i'll get pink and normal convicts? or just one. thanks

well, you can pick up a brine shrimp hatchery kit at a pet store, I got mine at a LFS, thing chain stores would carry as well. not too expensive.

Also, some people powerder up egg yolk and give some of that to them. depending on size, powdered flake could work.

there is also infur..something

If the fry is too small to eat fry food, then just boil up an egg, take out a little of the yolk and squish it in a cup of water til it's dissolved, then use an eye-dropper and add some near the fry. And if the fry are a little bigger, then Hikari makes a food called First Bites, which is what I'm feeding my fry now. Just try not to overfeed. Snails are good to have as well in a breeder tank after the eggs hatch and the wigglers become free-swimming, as the snails will eat the eggs and wigglers as well. So once they are swimming, then add a couple snails to clean up excess food that the fish doesn't eat.

Snails (especially the big apple snails) also produce infusoria, which is a great first food for little guys too.

I feed my convict fry Hikari First Bites, frozen BBS and then crushed flakes. The flakes I start after they get a week or 2 old.

I also notice they pick at algae a lot.

I always fed my fry the higher protain foods at frist. The protain foods like egg yolk , live brine shrimp will help with growth nd health for there future.

Back
Top Bottom