Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They love lots of places to hide and some plants which are soft not scratchy (more of a concern if plastic) hanging near the top of the tank.

I always leave a couple of different plants, and moss strands now that I have some, loose near the top, opposite side from the discharge flow, in the most still area of the tank. All of mine love resting and sleeping in the crook of the plant stems. Also they seem to like to sit on the Banana Plant leaves.
(y)

Sillyfishies said:
I think it's fine as long as u have a back up plan if things go wrong

I do have tank that don't have a DG if things get go wrong. :)

aqua_chem said:
A betta and a gourami might some day become a problem. DG can be mean, and have been known to kill bettas (or basically harass them to death) by claiming large potions of a tank and not letting the bettas come to the surface to breath.

Make sure you keep an eye on them to make sure this doesn't happen.

I will. Ty. They like to make bubbles both the Betta and the DG. The Betta wen ever I come to the tank he swims up and down in front the he'll make a few bubbles. He makes like 8 bubble it's so cool. And the DG makes bubbles under leafs of the real plants. it's so neat.

Autumnsky said:
They love lots of places to hide and some plants which are soft not scratchy (more of a concern if plastic) hanging near the top of the tank.

I always leave a couple of different plants, and moss strands now that I have some, loose near the top, opposite side from the discharge flow, in the most still area of the tank. All of mine love resting and sleeping in the crook of the plant stems. Also they seem to like to sit on the Banana Plant leaves.
(y)

I will have look again what kinda leaf but I got him one of the Betta hammocks. They have tunnels and caves and logs to hide and my DG is kinda a push over. Lol I hade a neon tetra that would chase the DG. Unfortunately I lost that neon in the move :-(

Back
Top Bottom