Betta breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EMAN12

Aquarium Advice Freak
Will my cardinal tetras eat the betta fry when they start swimming?

Im so excited I wonder how the fry are gonna look when they are big these are the parents

Attachments

• 011212193127.jpg
    011212193127.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 011212192531a.jpg
    011212192531a.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 49
Yes they will. The parents might also. I would try and save as many as you can and place them in a breeding net or a separate tank. Do you have food ready for them?

You can expect any fish in the tank with the fry to eat anything that fits into their mouths, so yes.

Mumma.of.two said:
Yes they will. The parents might also. I would try and save as many as you can and place them in a breeding net or a separate tank. Do you have food ready for them?

Ok. No I dont know what to feed them.

Darkhail said:
You can expect any fish in the tank with the fry to eat anything that fits into their mouths, so yes.

Thankd

EMAN12 said:
Ok. No I dont know what to feed them.

I've never done it myself so no hands on experience but this is what I've heard/read.
They need microscopic food/infusia (sp??) or commercial fry food for the first week until they are big enough to eat newly hatched brine shrimp.
You might want to google what to feed and look after them

Mumma.of.two said:
I've never done it myself so no hands on experience but this is what I've heard/read.
They need microscopic food/infusia (sp??) or commercial fry food for the first week until they are big enough to eat newly hatched brine shrimp.
You might want to google what to feed and look after them

Ok I will do that. Thak you

Back
Top Bottom