Betta breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mckitrick

Aquarium Advice Freak
Want yo start breeding bettas. But between the forums on herer and the internet i dont think im ready. Will someone tell me everything they have done to fully breed betta fish. Like tank size, fry food, ect. Thanks

Breeding Bettas

Want yo start breeding bettas. But between the forums on herer and the internet i dont think im ready. Will someone tell me everything they have done to fully breed betta fish. Like tank size, fry food, ect. Thanks

I refer you to this link here and my comment @#4
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f82/new-betta-breeder-207692.html#post1946819
I lay out exactly how I breed bettas and have been doing it for over 40 years (y)

Feel free to PM me if you need more help.

Yea Andy is the Man! He Knows his stuff, thanks andy and my male starting to make his nest, hopefully i can release my female tomorrow, im trying not to get anxious!

Hey I noticed yur betta pic do yu have any at the moment ? And if so what kind ?

That's too bad I'm in Ireland and there's not a huge selection over here ive only seen veil tails and crown tails I'm in love with bettas but I'm looking for the double tail one preferably opaque and over here I've only seen red and blue thanks though :)

That's too bad I'm in Ireland and there's not a huge selection over here ive only seen veil tails and crown tails I'm in love with bettas but I'm looking for the double tail one preferably opaque and over here I've only seen red and blue thanks though :)

Well then there is good news and bad news. The bad news is that we are too far apart to do a "local pick up" LOL The good news is that I don't have any opaques DTs anyway ;) :lol:

I hope you get to find some as they are nice looking fish (y)

When I had a male and a female the male KEPT on attacking her until she was forced into hiding! ;) just don't want you to end up with a problem on your hand :D

AwfulArabella said:

That was the same with my pet store bur the all of a sudden they had this really ugly double tail so I bought him and bred him hehe I ended up with a magnificent silver body with red fins ^.^
just keep trying hehe I also found my fully black crown tail there but normally if you want a really nice variety of tails and colours a real fish store would have them :)

pattyfurg said:
That was the same with my pet store bur the all of a sudden they had this really ugly double tail so I bought him and bred him hehe I ended up with a magnificent silver body with red fins ^.^
just keep trying hehe I also found my fully black crown tail there but normally if you want a really nice variety of tails and colours a real fish store would have them :)

I have a local Betta Club. They had a huge Betta Show/Sale earlier this year. Buy from a breeder if possible. AquaBid has some awesome fish :)

My local store are starting to have more variety how do you guys keep them? I have a nano tank but the guy who breeds them says they stress in big tanks and prefer minimal

I have always wanted to breed bettas but I find that it is more space consuming and hard than taking care and breeding guppies, though you make more money on bettas.

I haven't got that far but if I breed them the fish shop will take them and I'll keep a few I just want a whole book shelf with all different types of bettas in nano tanks there too beautiful to only have one and they can't be housed together, such a shame

Back
Top Bottom