Betta breeding help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macdaddydaze

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I am trying to get my mom into the fish keeping hobby and she really wants to breed betta I know how to breed them but my question is do the fry need any type of special care?
any info will help

Sent from my PRO7D using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Honestly, breeding Bettas is a bad idea to get someone into the hobby. SO many things can go wrong. Raising Betta fry is time consuming, space consuming, and would not be good fore a beginner.

To answer your question, YES, the fry do need special care. Lots of space, lots of water changes, lots of space for the fish when they mature, and you should cull as well.

I am gonna deal with fey I'm experienced in raising all types of fry and breeding fish my mom just really likes bettas so I wanna know how hard is it to raise fry space is not an issue

I suggest you have her read through this article: the first few days

Make sure she sees the "next" button at the bottom of the page and click to the next pages and read the whole article. :blink:

Getting bettas to spawn is easy. Raising the fry is the challenge. ;)

Good luck (y)

OK thanks but I'll read the article cause I'm raising the fry myself she's getting them to spawn I'm just wondering if its the same as raising other cichlid fry because I have done that and am really good at it

OK thanks but I'll read the article cause I'm raising the fry myself she's getting them to spawn I'm just wondering if its the same as raising other cichlid fry because I have done that and am really good at it

It's a little different. Betta fry are close to 1/2 to 2/3 the size of most cichlids and need smaller first foods. Definitley read the article in full (y)

Okay will do so crushed fish flakes won't work?

I read it and thanks I got it

Back
Top Bottom