Betta Breeding Help Me Please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppyGal1324

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok, so my friend and I want to breed our bettas I have a female betta and she has a male betta. What do we need to do to breed them safely and properly?
My female is around a year old but not quite I'm not sure exactly, her male is 9 months old in a week. Any and all input is very welcome :thanks:

Your female will get beaten up pretty badly, but if you are determined to breed them there are some good guides online.

She WILL heal though.

-Raymond

I am starting to try and breed my beta fish as well. I found the video series found here to be helpful. Best of luck.

Just be prepared to possibly lose your female. I tried breeding a few years back, and the male was really rough with her. She survived the spawning, but died a few days later from the injuries.

There is an excellent 4 part article on breeding bettas and what to expect here: breeding bettas

I strongly suggest you read all 4 parts before moving forward with your breeding plan. (y) There is as much risk as reward when breeding bettas.

Hope this helps (y)

I had the exact opposite. My female had the males tail in her mouth! And he was beat up!! She was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom