Betta Breeding: The 10 week Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishieKeeper429

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just bought four Mustard Gas Halfmoon Bettas. Three girls and one boy (all siblings). I plan on trying to breed one pair for now. This thread will document my step by step process from setting up the tanks to breed, to shipping the fry out to buyers. It will take approx. 10 weeks and I'm super excited! And if a fry catches your eye, you are welcome to reserve it for yourself and buy it when it's old enough to be shipped (once again, 10 weeks). Thanks for tuning in!

46g Red tailed shark tank
10g Betta and Ember Tetras

Sounds interesting, can't wait to see how it progresses!

How many and what size tanks do you have set up for this project?

I have a 10g set up for the actual breeding and 2 5g's set up for the spawning pair. And for the fry as they grow out, I have liter wide mouth mason jars with one Betta in each and a large tube connecting 30 or so mason jars up to a low flow filter. Everything is completely covered in Indian almond leaves. The mason jars, the spawning tank, and even the separation tanks have Indian almond leaves in them. The Bettas love them. I'll post pictures tomorrow!

46g Red tailed shark tank
10g Betta and Ember Tetras

Back
Top Bottom