Betta bubble best vs the filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shelbidavis

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys! So my betta finally started blowing a bubble best after like 10 months of having him (I think cuz he was living with other fish and his filter is kinda powerful) but I really want to breed him in the long run and let his bubble best get bigger without the filter destroying it slowly. What have you guys done to fix this problem? He's in a ten gallon, not living with other fish anymore just one AD frog and a cascading filter. Don't want to buy a new filter just for that reason so any other suggestions would be good! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412355798.850402.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

For starters, when breeding Bettas, you don;t want any filtration as water movement is not good for the fry when first hatched. You can use the 10 for breeding but you have to take out all the other critters in there and bring the water level down to about 6". You can see some of my breeding setups for bettas in my albums section of my profile. I used everything from shoe boxes to bowls to tanks to breed them. The key is having a female that is mature enough to want to breed.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. (y)

Back
Top Bottom