Betta Bubble Question with Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Hi, here is the deal:
Girlfriend buys to many bettas, pawns one off on me, never had one and didn't want one, to concerned with my fish, he grows on me(Frank), he has never been happier and more active. Short and Sweet Ha?

So, can someone tell me the meaning on all these bubbles all the sudden. I have had him for a month and within the last 5 days, bubble central!

I know it's a breeding thing, however can someone elaborate for me?

I attached pics. so you all can see. Nice looking Betta Ha?

1st Betta

He is a healthy happy betta building a nest. If he had a female in the mood he would mate with her and put the eggs in the nest and guard them until they hatch. if you do a quick google on it you can out everything you would ever want to know about betta breeding.

bettas build a "bubble nest" the bubles hold the eggs, if there was some, and they kinda float up in there

oooh...So, if I buy a female betta she may not be in the mood. I am very interested in breeding fish since my mollly got pregnant. Can I put a female in with a betta, and in a 1 gal. bowl with no filter?

No, He will probably kill her. They need to be introduced when she is full of eggs and ready to lay. He should be in a bigger tank just for himself.

Ok..Thanks. I am not into neglectng fish because I really care about them. I will not try to breed. I can't get another tank because between my 30, 15QT, and the betta bowl in my 5th fl. studio, I am tapped.

Hey, at least he is happy and healthy. I do PWC for him a lot more often than my tank. The first day I got him he was sitting on the bottom and not eating so I am content to know he is now healthy.

Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom